Facts about Iraq
Posted by Fredsvenn den november 6, 2007
Let’s start with the facts:
- Over a million violent Iraqi deaths since 2003. Many more due to breakdown of hospitals, water pollution and depleted uranium contamination.
- Over a thousand professionals, academics, journalists, and medics murdered.
- 4.5 million Iraqis displaced Iraqis, half abroad. With little education and job prospects a powder keg of anger and violence is threatening the whole region and the world. This dwarfs the scale of the Palestinian displacement of half- a century ago.
- 30,000 Iraqi detainees at any one time by the US forces, and twice that number by the Western-armed Iraqi forces, ridden with sectarianism and criminal gangs. The ‘Iraqi government’ admits to 700 women detainees accused of terrorism. Rape and abuse cases have never been investigated.
- Western multinational Corporations are making blatant oil fields grab, encouraging partition, ethnic and sectarian cleansing in Iraq.